PSYCHOANALYTIC PSYCHOTHERAPIST. PSYCHODYNAMIC COUNSELLOR.SUPERVISOR.TRAINER
To ensure that you understand what all this means you can click on the
useful links below (in About Therapy) for information on types of therapy
and how to choose a therapist so that you are making as informed a
choice as possible.
To view Dr.Shadrach Long's profile in The BACP Counselling Directory click on the link below:
Philippa Shadrach Long is:-
- UKCP Registered (United Kingdom Council for Psychotherapy)
- BPC Registered (British Psychoanalytic Council, formerly British Confederation of Psychotherapists)
- BAP Registered (British Association of Psychotherapists)
- BACP Senior Accredited Practitioner
- BACP Senior Accredited Supervisor
- BACP Senior Accredited Trainer
- UKRC Registered Independent Practitioner
Initially trained as a psychiatric social worker, Dr.Shadrach Long has qualified and practiced exclusively as a psychotherapist for over twenty years in both private practice and as an NHS Clinical Psychotherapist.
She has experience of :-
- Child and Family services
- NHS Adult and Child Psychiatry
- NHS Psychotherapy services
- Counselling services
- Employer assistance Counselling
She works with:-
in both open-ended, long-term intensive therapy and more brief, focused work.
The majority of her work currently is adult individual psychotherapy with issues ranging from mental health to personal development, and the provision of therapy or supervision to senior professionals in the field.
Dr. Shadrach Long was also a Senior Lecturer who developed, led and taught a Counselling Skills course,a Counselling Certificate course and a Diploma in Psychodynamic Counselling. The Diploma Course achieved BACP accreditation.